Friday, December 9, 2011

Curry Pan


CURRY PAN (Curry Bread)



 Curry Pan is one of my favorite when I go to a Japanese bakery shop. But I never tried to make it myself until today. All the ingredients are what I have on hand and some leftover. All you need are:



  • Sandwich breads (remove the crust and press the rim with your finger to make it flat)
  • Japanese curry (make it thick not too much liquid...kind of like a paste)
  • Panko (Japanese bread crumb)
  • Beaten egg



First of all, this is my take on how to make Curry Pan. I am not Japanese and I am not a chef. This is the easy and fast way I do. Second, this is not a healthy food but we do need a treat every once in a while :)


I scoop some curry and place it on a slide of bread (not too much) then put another slice of bread on top. Then press their rims together. Then brush the egg on both sides and then dip it into panko. Shake off the excess and deep fry. Make sure to use a lot of oil to fry, the outside will have even golden brown color. I didn't have enough oil so the color is not even.



Now for the crusts we removed earlier. I cut them up, toss with melted butter mixed with salt and garlic powder. Then bake it in the oven 350 F for about 15 mins. And here I have it, buttery easy croutons.


No comments:

Post a Comment